This week I hit my 5 year mark at my work. I have never had a job this long in my life, let along done something for 5 years straight. I started out when I was going to SLCC as the Accounting Clerk. I had been working for my dad just to help out during a transition period until he needed to hire another manager once business picked back up. I had already taken a few classes and was wanting to get a job with more accounting, besides I was tired of working retail. It just so happened that I was talking with who is now my boss seeing if he knew of anyone that was looking for an entry level accountant. I wasn't really expecting him to come back to me in a few days asking me for my resume.
I of course submitted my resume, interviewed with the CEO and was blessed to get the job. During these last 5 years I went from Accounting Clerk, to Assistant Controller when I received my Associate degree, to Controller when I graduated with a Bachelor from the University of Utah. That is the position that I have today.
During these last five years I have learned a lot both about accounting and about how business is done and what it takes to be a successful businessman. Probably the most memorable experience that I have had happened this last February when I went to India. It is an extremely tiring trip both physically and mentally. I think with how long the flight is it almost takes more of a toll on you mentally than physically. Thankfully I purchased some Bose headset before I went and that helped a ton. I was also lucky/blessed that I had an empty seat next too me on both international flights.
I look forward to many more great moments and experiences.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
5 years and still going
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment