I recently just finished the book Winners never Cheat by Jon M. Huntsman.

I believe anyone that is in business should read this book. This book makes you think about a lot of things, from negotiating deals, to dealing with vendors and competitors. Jon gives a lot of personal examples which gives what he talks about even more creditability, not to mention that he is a billionaire. In this book he brings out what his reputation is amongst other CEO's about what a great negotiator. The interesting thing is though is that when he negotiates he negotiates with both hands on the table. But he will stick to his principles even if it means he doesn't get the deal done. He has a firm belief that his principles are greater than getting a multi-million dollar deal done. Every example he gave when he stuck to his principles in the end he was better off for not going through with a deal.
Like I said earlier in this post, anyone that is in business should read this book. I give it 2 thumps up.

2 comments:
I can't believe all the reading you have been doing! Try the book by Frank Hanna. I can't remember the name of it, but it is about how to "use" your money for good. Since you have so much to give away (ha).
nice kyle,
for nursing school we had to read The Cheating Culture by David Callahan. It has nothing to do with nursing, but gives great lessons on ethics in our ever demoralizing world. The author draws on several examples of some of the latest scandals in the past few decades and attempts to answer the question, why do we cheat?
Post a Comment