I have decided to give this blogging thing a try. I don't know how well this will go or even if I will have time to post regularly. I want to play with the layout and different things you can do on a blog and hopefully more post will come shortly. There will be no set theme for this blog.
The reason that I decided to title this blog "Give me five" is because that was under my little nephew's name on his obituary. He had some severe disabilities and there was very few things that he would recognize and respond to. I spent a lot of time working with him to do different things and the thing that he did best was to give you five. During his last stay in Primary Children's Hospital he would make the doctors and nurses work in order to for him to give them five. He would even laugh sometimes at them because they were so persistent on trying to get a high five from him.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Just starting
Posted by Give Me Five at 5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That story is so touching. I could picture your nephew (although I don't really know what he looks like, etc.) doing something that made him smile. Being in control over something that he "could" control (holding out giving five to doctors, etc.). What a touching story. I'm glad you created this blog. Keep the stories coming. I, for one, will check regularly.
Post a Comment